- Traditional Shaolin methods of physical and spiritial training
- Chan meditation
- A choice of Qigong or Tai Chi learning
- Lessons of Chinese with a native speaker (optional)
- Sinology (optional)
Basic recommended learning course is 30 days. Course starts each month except for December, January and February. Approach for newcomers is discussed separately
According to Shaolin monastery tradition
Definitely suits you if:
- If you are tired of city life;
- If you alternate active rest with relaxation;
- If you wish to see routine of a Shaolin monk from the inside;
- If you wish to free yourself from accumulated thoughts and learn to create (regenerate) the energy of your body;
- If you are interested in the eastern culture and culture of China in particular. If you wish to try austere, simple way of living for yourself.
Twin or triple rooms in the house of Master Shi Yanchen at the Traditional Shaolin Kung fu Learning Center. Rooms with ensuite shower and european bathroom. Stable provision of hot water, internet access at the center
- Three meals a day (a choice of meat meal or without meat in Buddhist tradition) Daily studies with Master Shi Yanchen;
- Special access to Shaolin monastery two hours prior to opening with an option to take photos without tourists;
- A visit to Shi Yanchen master’s mentor, monk Shi Yonggan (释永乾) in his cell, with an option to ask questions and receive answers (in Chinese);
- A visit to Fawang monastery which is considered a younger brother of the very first Buddhist monastery in the city of Luoyang, Baimasi;
- An opportunity to visit nearest cities of Luoyang, Kaifeng and others with excursions available by prior arrangement (at extra charge).
Up to 70. This program is designed for people seeking to improve their body and spirit. Acrobatic elements will not be studied. There is no formal age restriction.
Admission fee of 20% is to be paid via transfer as deposit before the trip the rest of Course fee is to be paid at the place in CNY (RMB)
Course fee for one calendar month is 6000 CNY (RMB)
Course fee for two weeks is 3600 CNY (RMB)
Training sneakers – about 20 Yuan, pocket money and money on souvenirs