Kung fu training. Short-term and long-term training
Whether you are planning to work out for a couple of weeks on vacation or are going to take a deep dive into kung fu for a few months or even years, Shi Yanchen school strives to offer training that meets your needs.
The school is in progress on a traditional basis, master Shi Yanchen is engaged with you. Already at the initial stage, you don’t just increase your stamina, you pass kung fu through yourself without mechanically memorizing it movements, and drawing them through the harmonization of the internal flow of qi energy and external response of the body.
The school accepts students of any level of physical fitness, but to progress faster, we recommend that you prepare before your arrival. This will help you integrate into your schedule day and training rhythm without loss of time. This is especially important if you you are going to come for a short period of time (up to 30 days).
Good way to prepare is running, swimming, functional training, exercise on stretching, yoga classes.
Without obtaining basic skills and practicing basic movements, you will not be able to advance go ahead and master more complex techniques and forms.
Roughly, we can distinguish three levels in the development of kung fu mastering:
- Reclamation basic movements and forms. External scheme of movements and combat.
- Unification “fist and mind”, turning internal into external, controlling qi, learning without external movement and repetitions, control of the opponent without explicit control.
- Supreme level-heart-to-heart movement»
Short-term kung fu training: up to 30 days
In the kung fu schools in your city, you may train 2-3 times a week, in the Shi Yanchens school in China — three times a day, you get a higher load but also improve faster.
In one month you you get the same progress as in your city for a whole year. trainings’.
During this time, you get basic knowledge of traditional Shaolin kung fu and master the techniques physical and spiritual training:
- Learning basic movements, steps and swings, punches, palms
- One traditional Shaolin complex (taolu) “bare hands”
- Workouts, flexibility and endurance
- Simple weapons: staff, sword
- One traditional Shaolin complex (taolu) with weapon
- Learning complexes qigong, taichi, chan meditation if you want
- Chinese language, calligraphy, Chinese studies
Long-term kung fu training: 2-6 months
Develops dexterity of steps, force and speed of blows, accuracy of movements, coordination of the body. You improve, learn the theory and customs of Shaolin kung fu and learn much.
- 2-4 традиционные формы (таолу) кулака Шаолиня
- Traditional weapon
- Density on different parts of the body
- Learn the possibilities of qi regulation
- Meet with traditional Chinese medicine and learn its capabilities
Long-term kung fu training: 7-12 months
At this level the correct form of hand movement develops, and the body’s reactions become rapid. The body learns to move as a whole, the eyes follow the movement of the hand, the steps light and precise, power and power are thrown out by the stream at exactly the right moment.
Training is more individual character and adjusted to the student’s skills and progress.
- 5-6 traditional forms (taolu) of the Shaolin fist
- Styles mantis, eagle, tiger
- Traditional weapons: Shaolin straight sword, Shaolin spear, Damo staff, southern broadsword, double broadswords, Shaolin palm flower sword, nine-link chain
Shaolin kung fu it looks like an iceberg: from the outside we can only see a small part, all the main things are hidden in the depths. You can discover it endlessly, there is no limit.
If you are engaged in Wushu is a few years old, the master will individually help you choose something related to your previous practice. At this level, mastering a new form sometimes requires more than 1000 repetitions to achieve what the heart is striving for.
You can also participate in group training sessions to prepare for the demonstration performances and Championships.
Are you ready to start?