1. Home
  2. Docs
  3. Starter Guide
  4. Visa and insurance

Visa and insurance

Do I need an invitation?

You will need a visa to enter the China. There is no visa on arrival in China, so you must apply for a visa before arriving.

The first option for short-term disciple, we recommend applying for a one-month tourist visa (L-type) at the consular department of the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China at the place of residence. An invitation is not required for a tourist visa.

A second option for students who would like to stay at our school for more than a month would require a Type-X2 study visa, or a business visa is Type-M. Official consulate websites for applying and making appointments to submit documents:

If the consulate requires an invitation for a visa (Type X2), plesase follow:

  1. Make sure you pay the registration fee of $100. Pay the fee
    *Refund Policy;
  2. Fill out the School Invitation Application: Application for a School Invitation for an Type X2;
  3. Be patient. Expect to receive an invitation to your email within 48 hours.

After confirming the reservation and payment of the deposit, we will send an invitation, which is necessary for issuing a visa for an extended stay. It is important to remember that for citizens of some countries, the consulate asks for the original invitation, which means additional costs for sending it from China to you, which are borne by you, as well as the waiting time. Do not book your flight ticket before you receive the invitation.

We are not consultants or agents when it comes to visa processing. We know the process because many disciples come to us, so we share our experience with you. The rules for obtaining visas are constantly changing and also vary depending on nationality. Please be patient and considerate of each other. We don’t keep track of rule changes very carefully, we are practicing all the time.

What type of insurance do I need?

We recommend purchasing extended health travel insurance, which covers injuries and illnesses from active sports. The school is not responsible for injuries sustained before, during, or after training.

There are no special vaccinations that need to be done to visit Shaolin.

If you are used to some kind of medicine, including painkillers, we recommend taking them with you. There are many local brands sold in China, including more effective ones, but sometimes it is more effective to take the usual pills.

Was this article helpful to you? Yes 3 No