Visa and insurance

  1. Home
  2. Docs
  3. How to start / what to do first?
  4. Visa and insurance

Do I need an invitation?

You will need a visa to enter China. There is no visa on arrival in China so you must apply for a visa before arriving in China.

For short-term students, we recommend applying for a one-month Tourist Visa (L Visa) at the embassy (consular section) of the People’s Republic of China in your country. For Russia, such a Tourist Visa is issued without an invitation.

Students who would like to stay at our school for more than a month will need an X2 Student Visa.

The visa application center in your country can be found here:

After confirming the reservation and paying the deposit, we will send you the invitation required for a long-term visa.

What type of insurance do I need?

We recommend purchasing extended health travel insurance , which covers injuries and illnesses from active sports. The school is not responsible for injuries sustained before, during, or after training.

There are no special vaccinations that need to be done to visit Shaolin.

If you are used to some kind of medicine, including painkillers, we recommend taking them with you. There are many local brands sold in China, including more effective ones, but sometimes it is more effective to take the usual pills.

Was this article helpful to you? Yes No